Team Parent Information
UpdatedWednesday April 14, 2021 byJennifer Gallacher.
Thank you for volunteering to be a Team Parent. You play an essential role in Little League, and we hope you find the time you put in rewarding and fun.
Generally speaking, the Team Parent's duties and responsibilities are to handle the administrative tasks for the team, including communications between manager/coach and parents. The Team Parent Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the entire board are here to support you, so just reach out if you have questions or concerns.
Attend the Team Parent Meeting
- Receive all the information you need to pass onto the manager, coaches, and parents. We will provide you with all the information needed to be the liaison and facilitator of all league activities.
- Start utilizing the SportsSignUp Play app. Send out an email, "Hey I'm the Team Parent" as soon as you can. You will need to always keep parents informed of what's going on with the team as well as with the league. You can reference sample email text that you can customize for your team. Use SportsSignUp Play App - Coach's Guide to learn how to use the app.
Snack Shack Sign Ups
- You may need to help recruit parents to help in the snack shack. We are still determing our 2021 COVID-19 protocals.
Opening Day: [not applicable for 2021 season]
Bat-a-thon/Picture Day: You will need to pass out the pledge and picture order forms and inform the families on your team of your scheduled picture time on Opening Day. [not applicable for 2021 season]
- Pledge Form
- Flyer (PDF)
- Flyer (JPG)
Little League Day:
- Save the Date Flyer (JPG)
- Collect photos of your team throughout the season, we'll use them at the end for the yearbook.
End of Season Team Party and thank you gifts for Team Manager & Coaches [not applicable for 2021 season]
- You can absolutely delegate some of these duties to other parents on your team who are willing to help!
Here are some more general resources: