Team Parent Information
UpdatedTuesday February 11, 2020 byJennifer Gallacher.
Thank you for volunteering to be a Team Parent. You play an essential role in Little League, and we hope you find the time you put in rewarding and fun.
Generally speaking, the Team Parent's duties and responsibilities are to handle the administrative tasks for the team, including communications between manager/coach and parents. The Team Parent Coordinator (email@example.com) and the entire board are here to support you, so just reach out if you have questions or concerns.
Attend the Team Parent Meeting
- Receive all the information you need to pass onto the manager, coaches, and parents. We will provide you with all the information needed to be the liaison and facilitator of all league activities.
- Start utilizing the SportsSignUp Play app. Send out an email, "Hey I'm the Team Parent" as soon as you can. You will need to always keep parents informed of what's going on with the team as well as with the league. You can reference sample email text that you can customize for your team. Use SportsSignUp Play App - Coach's Guide to learn how to use the app.
Make an After Game Snack Schedule (optional)
- Once you get your game schedule, pick a team player that will be responsible for bringing snacks that day. We encourage you to purchase a game snack package at the snack shack so we can keep the money in the league! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information. NOTE: Please make sure to check with parents' to make sure their child doesn't have any food allergies.
Snack Shack Sign Ups
- You will need to recruit or assign the parents to help in the snack shack. You will be given a snack shack schedule at the beginning of the season. It is very important to you send out reminders to the families on your team when they are scheduled to work snack shack. It is the League’s goal to limit Snack Shack volunteer requirements to 2-3 shifts per player, so everyone’s help will be needed.
Bat-a-thon/Picture Day: You will need to pass out the pledge and picture order forms and inform the families on your team of your scheduled picture time on Opening Day.
Little League Day:
- Collect photos of your team throughout the season, we'll use them at the end for the yearbook.
End of Season Team Party and thank you gifts for Team Manager & Coaches
- You can absolutely delegate some of these duties to other parents on your team who are willing to help!
Here are some more general resources: